Your one-stop-shop enabling audio, sports and video experiences in the car
The automotive industry is experiencing a rapid shift, as consumers demand more entertainment options and easier access to their favorite apps. As a result, automakers are facing a variety of new challenges. These include offering connected audio and video entertainment, differentiating their brand with modernized media experiences, and utilizing apps and services available on Android Automotive OS (AAOS), web and other platforms.
Gracenote Nexus Auto gives automakers easy access to the company’s industry-leading entertainment datasets covering audio, sports and video content. The platform works with Android Automotive OS (AAOS) and other popular automotive operating systems, enabling car brands to simplify integration with their infotainment offerings, reduce development time and deliver the content-first interfaces consumers want.
Through Gracenote’s connected APIs, automakers can enhance their personalized entertainment and make recommendations that include radio, streaming music, podcasts, sports, movies and TV based on user activity and popularity. Automakers can maintain brand differentiation and customize in-car displays to deliver an intuitive, visually appealing UI. Over 250M vehicles worldwide have shipped with Gracenote metadata.
Shifting the future of in-car entertainment
Enhance radio navigation by displaying names, logos and categories across stations to create a consistent, easy to use interface.
Create an engaging music experience by displaying automatically recognized artist and song information, lyrics, related music and streaming links.
Power podcast discovery by category such as news or sports and deliver recommendations for podcast series.
Give users the ability to follow their favorite teams and leagues, catch up on stats, and watch live games in the car.
Allow passengers to search for and watch their favorite TV shows and movies, and discover new content using in-car screens.
Create a next-gen entertainment display enabling discovery and recommendations that integrate audio, sports and video content
Automakers, Tier 1 suppliers & App developers
Provide a seamless entertainment experience across multiple content types, auto apps and services.
• Simplify audio discovery with radio, music and podcasts in a single view.
• Allow fans to keep up with sports content while in the car.
• Link content across media types, such as timely sporting event updates with prompts to watch games if parked.
• Customize and personalize automotive UIs based on make and model leveraging descriptors and connected IDs.
• Create differentiation with media browsing experiences that can link to preferred entertainment apps and services.
Unparalleled coverage for all of your content metadata needs
Gracenote provides global and local content solutions in key regions across the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Gracenote Nexus Auto enables search and discovery across audio, sports and video content, including:
- 140K+ station broadcasts in over 200 countries and territories with consistent, quality coverage across AM, FM, HD, and DAB radio
- 100M music tracks
- 2M podcast series and 125M podcast episodes
- 290+ streaming video catalogs
- 70 sports and 300K matches annually
See the map above for an example of coverage for our radio solutions.
Let’s discuss your connected car needs.